Re: [WWP] Re: outfitting

From: HandyM2@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 23:12:21 PDT

In a message dated 4/17/00 8:02:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rogerm164@home.com writes:

<< Cooler (good luck figuring out where to put it) >>

Mine is Strong Enough to BECOME the Steps into the Cabin. I use strong
Velcro to keep it in place.

Seems to be in the right place as my sailing buddys go into the cabin to
retrive the chow as I am in the cockpit sailing, etc.

The Standard Steps always seemed "wrong" to my body. Too Choppy.

I would vote to add to your excellent list a good WATCH and Tide Tables to
use with those Charts and a GPS. I TRY HARD not to be fighting the Tidal
Flows with my Outboard.

The old timers BEFORE Outboards used to ROW them. So the Sailed with the
Tides, eh? <G>

Aside from that some places like Deception Pass in the Puget Sounds WA are
DEADLY in some tides DAILY.

Michael
P19 Traveller
Columbia SC

Enjoy the award-winning journalism of The New York Times with
convenient home delivery. And for a limited time, get 50% off for the
first 8 weeks by subscribing. Pay by credit card and receive an
additional 4 weeks at this low introductory rate.