Re: [WWP] Set up poll

From: JohnPaulJo@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 21:28:20 PDT

In a message dated 4/17/00 5:35:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
michaelconniesmith@home.com writes:

<< On a P-15 it's pretty easy no matter where since stepping the
 mast is a breeze; however, it would still be easier in the water with regard
 to not having to climb up and down from the boat. >>

    I can step the mast on the water but, I couldn't set the forestay on the
water though. So I do it in the setup or parking area. Leaving as much as I
can hooked helps. Using a boom endcap from Dwyer Aluminum Mast lets me leave
the small fiddleblock and mainsail on the boom. Removing the endcap releases
the tension on the sail. This also shortens the boom enough to fit in the
cabin. I use a single jib sheet with a brass snap hook on the ends leaving in
place ready to go. Both halyards are back to the cockpit and left hooked up
too. A quick-release pin on the tiller is about it. I go slow because I'm a
big guy with foot problems so I want to reduce the chance of accident. It
takes about forty-five minutes to an hour to go from arrival to sailing.

Paul Jones
P-15 Keysha2 #2059
Fairfield, Ca

eGroups + great entertaining = An Unforgettable Easter
Click Below to see how