[WWP] In the bay area, wondering where the Potters are...

From: delozier@gte.net
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 12:03:18 PDT

Hi,

I'm a longtime small boat sailor (having worked my
way through a half-dozen boats) who finds myself
currently sailing an O'Day 272. Not exactly a small
boat, eh?

So I've been thinking about buying a P-15 as a second
boat to daysail when we go on vacations to mountain
lakes and down to Florida...

I've been in love with the Potter as a concept ever
since I climbed on one at a boat show in Long Beach
in the 70s, and Larry Brown's "Sailing on a Micro-
Budget" literally changed my life (by convincing me
that sailing wasn't just for the wealthy...) but
despite attempts to the contrary, I haven't seen a
P-15 up close since then. (I've been sailing Com-Pacs,
mostly...)

So here I am on a weeklong business trip to the bay
area (I'm south of Oakland a bit) thinking Hmm, this
is an area with lots of Potters; surely I'll see one
around somewhere, but despite a week of looking at
marinas and poking around, I've yet to see one.

So, where are you guys? In garages?

Seriously, I'd just like to see one to get an idea of
where and how my family would fit on one, and to talk
to an owner about relative stability and such... I
currently own a Puffer for daysailing, but there's
no place for the kids to sleep, etc.

Any suggestions?

If you're inclined, reply to the list, or to me
at delozier<at>postmark.net. (<-- trying to
stay off the spam lists!)

Thanks! Even information about a P-15 floating
at a dock would be most welcome!

Best wishes,

-greg

Avoid the lines and visit avis.com for quick and easy online
reservations. Enjoy a compact car nationwide for only $29 a day!
Click here for more details.