Re: [WWP] In the bay area, wondering where the Potters are...

From: delozier@gte.net
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 13:27:51 PDT

Hi,

Chris, quite helpfully, writes:

> Stop right there! Don't move, you are SURROUNDED by Potters! ;-)

Well, I had a feeling they were around somewhere... hiding behind
trees or something...

> Are you JUST South of Oakland (like San Leandro) or
> are you South, South of Oakland (like San Jose)?

Don't know where San Leandro is, but I'm in Fremont, and
compared to L.A., where I grew up, or Cleveland, Ohio, where
I currently live, Fremont seems pretty close.

I drove up to Oakland for dinner the other day, it didn't seem
that far.

> Alameda (when sailors die, I'm convinced we go to Alameda)...

Well, I know where Alameda is, (though from the looks of it
the other day I thought the marina on Treasure Island would be
a good place for the Afterlife...)

For a look at five Potters, I think I could find the Alameda
Marina. Would I be a little unwelcome, just looking around? I'd
hate to get tossed in the bay by an overzealous security guard.
I hear it's cold water... :-)

> Deep Blue is a 19'

Nice name for a boat!

>but I do know of at least one 15' there. If you
>Can't offer you a sail until the weekend.

That is extremely kind (considering it's been a longtime
goal of mine to sail on the bay here) but I can't; I'm
leaving on Friday. In any case, I'd still like to see the
boat(s) close up...

>Deep Blue's mainsail is having slugs installed (everyone's already
>tired of hearingit--sorry, I just can't believe I went this long
>without them).

I can't either. The only sailboat I ever had without them for
any time at all was a Sunfish. They're truly wonderful.

>I suppose we
>could go out and motor in the estuary (boring).

Hey, I'm from the frozen north, where we've been off the
water since October. _Nothing_ that floats is boring...

>Otherwise, indicate back to the list where you are, there's Potters
>everywhere (most are tucked away, snug as a bug, near their owner's
>home).

Well, it's Fremont, tucked away doing consulting day and night
writing COM+ Windows code thinking that if I had Bill Gates' money
I'd have spent some of it on better documentation for us poor
programmers... (but I digress :-) )

Anyway, thanks for the response. Since I'm on the road, I can
only read responses on the list or at delozier<at>postmark.net

Again, thanks, and fair winds...

-greg

Greg DeLozier
ODay 272
Bay Point, Ohio

Your high school sweetheart-where is he now? With 4.4 million alumni
already registered at Classmates.com, there's a good chance you'll
find her here. Visit your online high school class reunion at: