Re: [WWP] Fast Pins!!

From: Gregory (gkyu@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 18:33:22 PDT

Yes, there is a need to remove stays....especially when the mast has to come
off in order to fit the boat into the garage. It is a little more work in
rigging, but it sure beats cleaning off leaves and bird poop and chasing away
neighbors' kids all the time.
Greg Yu
HMS-18 #63
Fremont, Ca

Lewis Baumstark wrote:

> All this talk about fast pins, why do you folks take your stays loose? On
> my 15 I take the stays loose when I winterize and put them back on in th
> spring. The rest of the time the side stays remain fastened and taped. I
> just kinda coil them up with the forestay and bungie them to the mast which
> is secured in two homemade crutches (below the pulpit so I can get it into
> my garage). The forestay came with a capture pin device so it's easy to
> hook up. Is there a need to remove stays especially on the 19's?
>
> Lewis Baumstark
> P15
> Bristol, Tn.

> You can win $1000 at eGroups!
> Time-limited offer. Enter today at:
>
> Post: WWPotter@egroups.com
> Help: WWPotter-owner@egroups.com

Good friends, school spirit, hair-dos you'd like to forget.
Classmates.com has them all. And with 4.4 million alumni already
registered, there's a good chance you'll find your friends here: