Re: [WWP] Fast Pins!!

From: Wm. Longyard (longyard@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 23:17:37 PDT

One more word of caution:

I've seen these types of pins "round out" (elongate) the shroud
attachment holes into which they're set. Clevis pins and those
nasty little clips keep the turnbuckle right to the shroud plate
and don't allow anywhere near as much wear. I have first hand
experience with this on a former boat.

My 2 cents,
Bill Longyard
Winston-Salem, NC

"Judith Franklin Blumhorst, DC" wrote:

> The main difference between quick pins is whether they have a hollow core
> (the ones with the thumb pushes) or a solid core (the ones without thumb
> pushes, but with tiny spring loaded ball bearings at one end).
>
> According to my rigger (who's a well known long distance solo racer who's
> life depends upon reliable rigging), the solid cored ones are the best for
> shrouds and forestays. They won't crush or deform under extreme compressive

Good friends, school spirit, hair-dos you'd like to forget.
Classmates.com has them all. And with 4.4 million alumni already
registered, there's a good chance you'll find your friends here: