Re: [WWP] Some growing pains - (Boating Snafus!)

From: hlg@pacbell.net
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 10:18:59 PDT

Louie::

I couldn't possibly top that story! ROFLOL!

But maybe my next time out...

Last Saturday's mishaps were trivial, but there were a lot of them. Most of
the damage was to my self-confidence. I seriously began to consider an
alternative to sailing -- croquet, possibly.

My personal favorite from years past was when I tied the bow to a floating
dock and the stern to a piling (no cleat on dock) and left the boat
overnight. That night the tide dropped over 6 ft, leaving Manatee suspended
from the piling by her stern line, until the stern cleat tore loose. Then
there was the time I poured a little too much 10:1 expanding foam in the
space under the bunk deck...

Harry

Solar Fry wrote:

>Can't be worse than slamming sailboat against seawall while lifting it on a
>davit and busting keel and bottom. Then falling on your can while trying to
>keep it from falling back in the water... Sliding down seawall while tangling
>your jeans on a cleat and then dangling head down from seawall... All the
>while screaming our favorite four letter word... Can it? How about
>fiberglassing two fingers together while repairing bottom and having to have
>a doctor retrieve them two fingers?
>
>{:^)
>
>Oh c'mon!
>
>Pretty Please?
>
>With sugar on top?
>
>If you don't tell us, We won't be able to laugh about it and then go out and
>repeat the same mistake while blaming the boat for it. You will deprive us of
>the chance to go home feeling silly for repeating that mistake... Or having a
>story for our grand children...
>
>Guys.. ooooops... people... we need ideas so we can go out and screw up...
>
>I think I am going to name my next sailboat the "Screw-up" or maybe "Foul-up"
>
><G>
>Best
>SF
>BTW: I think we should create an encyclopedia of sailing/boating snafus to
>present to new boat owners.. That way they won't feel so bad when they
>foul-up and they can refer to page where someone else had previously screwed
>up same way and smile...

>eGroups eLerts
>It's Easy. It's Fun. Best of All, it's Free!
>
>Post: WWPotter@egroups.com
>Help: WWPotter-owner@egroups.com

High rates giving you headaches? The 0% APR Introductory Rate from
Capital One. 9.9% Fixed thereafter!