[WWP] Mast Crutch Roller

From: Ted Duke (tduke@rockbridge.net)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 05:38:08 PDT

Potterers,

In case anyone is interested. I finally got around to lowering my mast to the
crutch; where I had recently installed a roller instead of the V. The idea
was that it would be easier to move the mast forward to the stow position;
because I usually had to climb from the cockpit to the cabin roof at least
twice to get it lined up. It works great. I could roll it forward carefully
to align the holes.

I used a standard (yellow) polyurethane 3" trailer roller with 1/2" shaft
hole. Bent the V flat so it was perpendicular to the strut and then bent the
ends up allowing enough room for the roller and a washer on each end. If you
do it be careful the bend doen't use up a portion of the room you need for the
roller. Drilled the holes after bending.

BTW....I also replaced the bow roller on my trailer with a yellow neoprene one
to eliminate the black marks. Why do they make those black ones anyway?

Ted Duke, Fairfield, Virginia
1990 WWP-19 #626 "The Duchess"
   (short mast-long boom)