[WWP] Potter mods and potties

From: Eric Zilbert (eezilbert@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 11:35:34 PDT

Joseph and all - Here are my thoughts:

1) In the two years we have had the P-19 we have never used the
porta-pottie. I have a Little John with a Lady John adapter which we rely
on for the number ones. For the number two's we have generally found shore
facilities. My suggestion is to get a little John and keep a bucket on
hand for emergencies (you should always have a bucket on board in any
event). Just fill the bucket about half way with water, do your business,
and empty it when you get to shore. A cheap plastic poncho can provide
cover, both for you and the bucket when you're done!

2) I recommend you solder all of the wiring you install. The twist
couplers and crimp fasteners IM used on my boat were useless. I also
increased the gauge of the wire when I replaced it. I think the old stuff
was like 18 or 22 gauge, I replaced it with 16 gauge.

3) I have been to New Orleans and the river looks like it would be really
fun. It is wide and there are lots of restaurants etc. There is also lake
Ponchartrain which is quite large, don't know about the winds however.

Hope this helps. - Eric
Eric Zilbert
Davis "not by the sea" California
P19 #621 "Riptide"

Bids starting at $7 for thousands of products - uBid.com