[WWP] Re : Baby Stays

From: Karen Johnson (kojohns@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 09:48:41 PDT

A lesson we learned the first time we stepped the mast on our P-19, you
need to watch those thingies on the end of the baby stays so they aren't
twisted when the mast is raised. We used the mast raising system and
didn't realize the force we were apparently using to raise the mast
until we noticed those thingies on the end of the baby stays had bent
around the thing on the boat they are attached to. So that was the end
of using the mast raising system for now. We now do it by hand--I pull
the forstay and my husband walks the mast forward. It has really cut
our mast raising time down to just a few minutes. But we do have the
luxury of having 2 people. We are determined to attain the 20 minutes
to launch that International Marine advertises!!

Karen Johnson
Miss Maggie, P-19 #1010

Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry
experiments.