Re: [WWP] Re: P19 keel weight --LEAD OR IRON?!?!?!?

From: Bruce Hood (bhood@sunset.net)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 20:41:15 PDT

Weighing in on the iron keel avourdupois discussion..
I have had the p-15 Keel out of Aillte twice, and weighed
it on our bathroom scale.... and it was 68Lbs. At the the
time we bought our P-15 we were told.."100 lbs of ballast,
70lbs in the iron centerboard, and 15lbs each in the two
concrete blocks glassed into the bilges on either side of
the centerboard trunk..., so Cap'n Judy's calculation
seems to be right on the mark!
Cheers, Bruce

Bruce Hood , P-15 "Aillte", Sail no. 1246
Chico,California