[WWP] Painting P-15 Iron Centerboards

From: Bruce Hood (bhood@sunset.net)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 20:56:48 PDT

I like the idea of having the board galvanized, but I think I would
have to travel pretty far to have it done, so for this season, I plan
to clean, prime and paint the board once again.. It seems to last
about two years before some rust begins to show again..
The easiest way to get started once the board is out is to go to
your local cemetery gravestone shop. They sandblasted my board
clean to bare metal for five bucks, last time I had it done, and the
guys doing the work were intrigued by getting to work on an unusual
project.. ( which only took them about ten minutes ).
Then I go to an Auto Paint shop, and ask them to prime and shoot
my board while they are in process of shooting a car... ( you may
not get the color you want!) Cost last time 25$.... This time after
I get the board clean, I know a shop that shoots two part epoxy so
will probably try to get them to do the job..
Cheers, Bruce

Bruce Hood, P-15 Aillte, Sail no. 1246
Chico,California

There's still time to order Calyx & Corolla flowers for mom.
These fresh and elegant bouquets are available for delivery
by Mother's Day. To order, please visit