RE: [WWP] Where can we hide the gas can?

From: Ted Duke (tduke@rockbridge.net)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 08:22:38 PDT

Karen,

I installed a fold-down step on my P19 on which I place the gas tank and
secure it with a bunge. I lowered the ladder (one step distance) to allow
room for the fold-down step. I can actually use the ladder now, it was TOO
SHORT before. Gas tank is out of the way. I leave it there when afloat or in
a slip. In the event I fall overboard I might have to remove the bunge and
"temporarily" float the tank while I climb abord, but since my being in the
water would be life threatening I'll take that chance (never was much of a
fish). I have had it this way for about 5 years because my wife and I hated
the smelly thing under out feet. I bought mine at Boater's World on sale for
about $20, but I would pay the $33.99 now because it works. I need to
refinish it sometime this year.

Highly recommend it!

Source:

They are called step, folding or footrest or cockpit steps.

BOATUS 2000 catalog P 223 Item #26015 Cost $33.99
West Marine has them also and probably Boater's World.

Ted Duke, Fairfield, Virginia
1990 WWP-19 #626 "The Duchess"
   (short mast-long boom)

Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry
experiments.