Re: [WWP] P15, shroud/CDI tension adjustment

From: Lionel L. Galibert (llgalib@banet.net)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 19:44:25 PDT

Andrew,
I have to assume that the CDI is the sail that came with the
boat. I had a regular jib and got the CDI later. So I had
two eye strap on the mast: one for the fore stay and one
with a block for the jib halyard. I installed the CDI where
the fore stay was and had to remove the block and the eye
strap for the jib halyard as they would not let the CDI top
fitting turn freely. In the beginning I also had the shrouds
in hole 4 but I felt the mast was raked forward too much. So
I added the adjuster I kept from the discarded fore stay
between the top of CDI and the mast eye strap. Now I have
the shrouds in hole 5 the CDI turnbuckle about CENTER and a
little over an inch to bring the CDI toggle to the chain
plate which still requires some pulling
Lionel L. Galibert
P15 #2072 "KIROLOU"
Hudson River/Long Island Sound