[WWP] [N] What's the most unusual and creative mod on your boat?

From: Jim Nolan (panache426@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 07:46:07 PDT

I had recently purchased an old fibreglass P-15. I then drilled out all the
rivets holding the deck to the hull so I had two halves of the boat. I
discarded the lower half. I then ordered a custom Morris 46 with no rigging
or mast and a completely flush deck. I traced the outline of the P-15 deck
onto the deck of the Morris 46. I cut out the tracing of the P-15 deck on
the Morris topside, leaving a 1.5" rim. I then riveted the P-15 deck down
onto the Morris, just like those old hippie VW vans with the VW beetle on
top. I use the P-15 rigging and slightly modified the interior of the Morris
so the ladder matches the P-15 door. Now my P-15 has a large navigation
station, three cabins (including a master's stateroom), microwave, 4 burner
gimbaled stove with convection oven, 2 heads with showers and a nice salon.
As an added bonus I now have lots of extra topside space where I can store
my P-19 while plying the seas. Sailing has never been so elegant and I never
have to reef the main.

Jim Nolan P-19 #426 & Super P-15=(1/2P-15 + 90% M46)