Re: [WWP] Electronic Yacht Club

From: T J Bartruff (tejay480@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 08:49:07 PDT

-- [ From: T J Bartruff * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

> Subject: [WWP] Electronic Yacht Club
>
> After monitering this list for 6 months, I've come to the conclusion that
this
> is nothing more than an electronic yacht club with no dues and 516 members
.
> And, like most yacht clubs, there are people who like to swap sea stories
while
> a very vocal minorty like to gripe about every little thing. Then there
are
> some very knowledgable people out there with some good info that they
share.
   (snip)

> Let's get this forum back to sailing, gear and an exchage of usable
tidbits.

> Dennis Pierce
> Gypsy Witch V #1207
> Durango CO

 Thank you Dennis! You put into words something I've been thinking for about
a year. I've been a member of this list from almost the beginning and it has
had a downward slant in the past months. A wise old man (Dad) once told me
"If you can't think of something nice to say about something, keep quiet. No
one likes a complainer" and also "Its best to keep your mouth shut and let
them think you a foole, than to open it and remove all doubt".

 I don't read every note thats posted to this list, in fact I delete some of
them without even opening them knowing the sender has nothing worthwhile to
say. I do enjoy reading some of the stories though, and most of the topics
are useful. I don't sail my Potter any more, it sits in my back yard under a
blue tarp. I still sail at least once a week though, in the weekly "Big
boat" races. I plan to take my Potter out more this summer, but I won't be
thinking of dumping waste, or capsizing, or the weight of my "Keel" (its a
CENTERBOARD), or any other of the many topics that have passed through this
list. I will be thinking of the enjoyment that my son and I are having being
out on the water doing something we both love.

     T J Bartruff
     Sec. ECPA
     s/v Manatee Too
     P-14 #480
     Norfolk, VA
     ICQ 2066538

Buy Long Distance with your GROUP and SAVE!!!