RE: [WWP] Electronic Yacht Club

From: Judith Franklin Blumhorst, DC (DrJudyB@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 10:22:26 PDT

Ahoy all,

Not all the posts interest every subscriber. That's normal. A newbie has
questions that seem silly to an old salt. A person who doesn't like to
fiddle with gear is bored by all the technical discussions. Some people
complain about stuff that doesn't bother others.

There's a SOLUTION now that wasn't available before we switched to egroups.

You can control the way you recieve and read messages any way you want at
www.egroups.com. Sign in, click on "my groups" and select "WWPotter". Click
on the "modify" button to change the way you recieve posts. You can choose
to NOT get them via email, and read them directly from the egroups website.
You can list the messages by thread or date and read only the threads (and
authors) that interest you.

Personally, I'd be sorry to see new or old participants afraid to post
soemthing because they might be criticized. We've all agreed in the past
that general sailing topics and Potter-specific topics are okay --
political, religious etc topics are not appropriate. I guess that includes
porta-pottis and human excrement disposal and Potter advertising. We've
also agreed that it's okay to criticize the info or opinion expressed in the
post, but not okay to criticeze the sailor or call anybody names.

Fair breezes,
Judy B

Install today: