[WWP] Electronic Yacht Club

From: denis4x4@frontier.net
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 05:29:05 PDT

After monitering this list for 6 months, I've come to the conclusion that
this is nothing more than an electronic yacht club with no dues and 516
members. And, like most yacht clubs, there are people who like to swap sea
stories while a very vocal minorty like to gripe about every little thing.
Then there are some very knowledgable people out there with some good info
that they share.

This is my second P-15 and I very much enjoy the exchange of info sailing
techniques and gear applications. However, exchanges on bodily functions,
the honesty of IM advertising and the tedious exchange of one liners has
turned this forum into a real yawner. I had to wade through 50 messages
looking for a couple of nuggets of usable info this morning.

If I had a Mercury Villager, I'd call the dealer and get a service manager
to give me towing stats. Or, get the thing weighed with and without the
trailer to determine the boat/trailer weight.

Finally, I've made countless trips to Catalina from SD and Dana Point and
the number of people that dump holding tanks beyond the 3 mile limit are few
and far between. And those that do, probable have macerator pumps (12V
garbage disposals) that grind up solid waste before dumping.

Let's get this forum back to sailing, gear and an exchage of usable tidbits.

Dennis Pierce
Gypsy Witch V #1207
Durango CO