[WWP] Which is better for P15, gas or electric?

From: Anthony Laspina (alaspina@gloryroad.net)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 11:12:52 PDT

Any opinions out there for which motor is better for a P15? The gas
motor which came with my boat is in perfect condition but the shaft
is too short. I'm debating whether to spring for a new gas motor or
get a powerful electric instead. The lower cost and quiet of an
electric is appealing, but I do want something that will get me home
when the going is rough. (I owned a tiny electric motor in the past
for my dinghy and was disapointed---preferred to row instead.) Any
electric owners out there who are satisfied? Are the salt water
models worth the extra costs?

Save 75% on Products!
Find incredible deals on overstocked items with Free shipping!