[WWP] Re:STay Adjusters

From: William Shurr (wshurr@email.unc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 05:22:39 PDT

Hi Potter-ers:

I've just tried out my new discovery and it works great for my
WWP15. It's called a "Calibrated Dinghy Stay Adjuster" in the Layline
Catalogue (p. 35) and a "Quick Release Shroud Lever" in the West Marine
catalogue. In both it's part number JM 15-212. I used it on my forestay
and it solves the problem mentioned frequently on this site--the
difficulty of getting the forestay attached to the deck plate, especially
when single-handing. It easily collapses like a jack knife and takes up
the tension better than anything else I have tried.
The only problem is with the clumsy ring securing the pin to the deck
plate--it takes time and breaks fingernails. If I add another quick
release pin to it I think it will also shorten the rigging time in the
parking lot.
Under $19. in both catalogues. Works well for me.
Bill in North Carolina--"Bilzbote"

Save up to 54% on Quest & Kelty tents, backpacks, sleeping bags and
outdoor gear. FREE Shipping and a 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee at
screaminghotdeals.com