Re: more sailing for dummies!

Gordon (hlg@pacbell.net)
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 22:16:35 -0800

I don't think that lubricating the ball is worth the mess. I just leave
mine dry and uncovered. Chrome is pretty hard stuff. It will get a little
scratched eventually, but I've never had to replace one. But I only pull a
P14 so I'm probably not dealing with the loads you would have on a P19 or
travel trailer. Conceivably the grease could increase the wear because it
will accumulate road dirt.

Harry Gordon
P14 #234, Manatee
Mountain View, CA