Re: outboard motor problems

J.J.Falkanger (gatorjj@mindspring.com)
20 Jun 1999 06:16:32 -0700

On Sat, 19 June 1999, Gordon wrote:

> Old fuel will do that. I was using old fuel on the long motoring trip to
> the South Bay to see the stranded sailing ship a few months ago, and the
> Seagull would periodically quit or almost quit. Jon Hunolt, who also had a
> Seagull, gave me some fresh 10:1 fuel for the return trip, and my Seagull
> never missed a beat after that.

Harry, what got me was that this fuel was about 3 weeks old. I had mixed a gallon, and this was the last little bit of it. Perhaps the oil and gas separated on me, and this was too pure? Who knows. Just one more item for the "motor won't start" checklist!

J.J. Falkanger
Cary, NC
P-19# 792 "Fozzguppy"
It's time for E*TRADE (SM)