Re: New Potter Needs Help

theodore f. boyer (freelanc@execpc.com)
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 17:54:49 -0500

--------------C7DE946B0F02B7A29095A5CC

Dear Reno Russ,
Request an operators manual that includes direction on how to use the mast
raising kit from I.M. Inc.
The manual will show you all the components that are used. Then get a 1999
Boat/U.S. and West Marine Sailing Parts Catalogs, so you can compare buying the
parts yourself vs getting the kit directly. I think the cost of 5/16" dia. double
pulley w/bracket attached to pulpit, 1 single w/becket, 1 deck clamcleat, special
stainless 54 3/4" gin pole length (which you may wish modified to keep it's base
permanently on the mast), special stainless cab "U'-bolts mounts, special base
securing shrouds, about 50' of strong 5/16" dia. raising line. You may even elect
to add another cheek block at the top and side of your mast for raising only.
These have been proven to work safely and will be less costly than you doing it,
breaking mast or your head in the process.
Ted-Milwaukee WWPotter19 "Sea Breeze"