Re: many weighs to degauss

Rye Gewalt (ryeg@vais.net)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 20:37:46 -0400

I have never given much thought to having a binnacle on my Potter, but I
do have some little things growing on the keel.

I like the coil idea. A small amplifier could be connected to the coils
to detect lightning strikes before they get too close. Or maybe really
magnetize the keel and then polarize the coils such that the the keel is
forced to the exact middle of the trailer for easy loading and unloading
-- or perhaps they could be superconducting coils that would allow some
sort of MagLev effect to be applied for totally dry land loading and
unloading. The Helium associated with the superconducting coils could
also be used to good advantage for making Donald Duck voices.

I find that flinging iron filings in front of the car using an electric
fan helps to locate flux lines -- then you can just drive around them.

I wonder if you could use errant flux lines -- which are generally very
long -- with a cruising spinnaker since existing jib sheets are seldom
long enough.

Gotta go, it's time for my meds.

Regards
Rye