RE: Dagger Board

From: Rye Gewalt (ryeg@vais.net)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 13:37:53 PST

Bill Said: ....
The sensible thing remains to sail keel-restrained, which in my case
used to involve a bolt through the keel but now takes the form of heavy
rubber bungees.

Bill:

I keep hearing about using rubber bungies to hold the board down on the
19, but have never quite understood how it's done. Do you add some
hardware to the trunk to attach the bungie? I have been reluctant to
attach any hardware to the trunk --- normal reluctance to drill hole in
boat -- but I suppose that the trunk is thick enough to drill and maybe
even tap with threaded inserts without going all the way through. My
1990 has a trunk that's about 1/2" thick fiberglass.

Waiting for winter to arrive in northern VA so that I can start hoping
for spring...

Rye
HMS18 Short Rig
Springfield VA