Re: P15 CB Slap

From: Robert Skinner (robert@140.com)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 05:58:28 PST

What has gone before:
> After having my P15 for just over a year, I only slept on it one time. In the water with board down, it seems that every little wave, or even movement from me that the board would bang a couple of times.

> We have noticed the same problem. I tried to wedge it with wood clothes pins. That didn't work either, so I pulled the board up part way. That did help some. Could also try a wedge with board part way up.

Thanks for bringing up this problem. A suggestion:
How about securing the centerboard horn laterally with nylon rope or a
strong bungee cord, so it can't slap as easily. I'll be setting up
several eyes on the cabin wall to secure cabin contents anyway, and
can make some strong enough to exert major pull in the CB. Perhaps
where the stays come thru the deck?

--
Robert Skinner, robert@140.com, Rockville, MD 20850
'87 Potter 15 HMS #1618 "Little Dipper"