Re: Removable tongue

From: Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 21:58:00 PST

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 11:25:21PM -0500, jbwantz wrote:

> I thought I was well prepared and ready to shove the thing in the garage
> because I ordered the trailer with the removable tongue. There is absolutely
> no documentation or directions that give any idea on what kind of a
> procedure to follow. It looks like if I disconnect the tongue there is
> nothing to support the boat. I'm sure there is a relatively simple
> explanation but being a complete novice I have no idea where to start or
> what to do.

Remove the mast from the boat, and put it aside out of the way
somewhere. back the boat into the garage, support it with blocks, and
remove the tongue. You should put blocks under the very bow-most
non-removable part of the trailer, and also under the stern-most part of
the boat -- other wise it will tilt if you climb on to the stern.

Kent