Trailer balance

From: Duncan Young (dyoung@netpipe.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 18:50:42 PDT

Mateys, please forgive the lapse in sanity. Iasked about a trailer extension
and balancing the trailer and got many good responses. As I was looking for
the trailer balancing info on the Potter pages it dawned on me that all I
had to do was move the vertical winch mount (what do you call that post on a
trailer?) aft. I marked my hull where the carpeted bunkers rested and moved
the boat aft on the trailer about 8.5" and got a much lighter (about 50
lbs.) tongue weight and everything seems to sit well now. Of course, I do
have more rear overhang but that isn't a big problem.

That's the trouble with getting older, you lose your hearing and forget to
think too!
dyoung@netpipe.com P-15 #2421