Re: [WWP] Set up poll

From: Bruce ParkJr (bjrpark@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 09:11:14 PDT

Hi Gang,
I've been reading your posts on set up time. Now I'm
beginning to wonder if I'm being under cautious or
something. I've rigged my P-19 both with my brother
and with then with my wife and daughter (basically
alone except for a few minor things.)

With my brother, we timed ourselves after practicing
once or twice at home. Our fastest time from pulling
up to the dock till releasing the dock lines and
sailing away was just under 20 minutes. He and I have
specific duties and we can move pretty quick.
Retrieval time was about 5 minutes longer.

With my wife and daughter. My wife will help fasten
the forestay after I hoist the mast, then her and my
daughter load gear while finish rigging. Our fastest
time that way was just over 30 minutes, and a bit
longer on retrieval. Both ways includes parking the
truck and trailer.

The thing for me though is that I have done it quite a
bit in my yard until I know what I want to do and am
pretty familiar. Another thing I should point out is
that I do not use any type of mast raising system, so
I save time in setting that up. I just stand on the
doghouse, take a good grip and hoist her up. the
important thing in that is making sure all of your
lines are clear. If anything catches as your lifting,
it can get tricky as the mast is kind of heavy until
you get it up a ways, then it's easy.

Bruce
P-19 #969
South Central Michigan