[WWP] P-19 storage

From: Gregory (gkyu@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 22:34:50 PDT

Web Gang:
This latest threat re: rigging and fast-pins have got me wondering if
mine is the only P-19 that is kept in the garage. I have a standard
2-car garage that is 22 ft. 6 inslong, with a 75-3/4 in clearance under
my rolling garage door. My boat sits on a trail-rite trailer, which I
believe is similar in dimensions to a Baja trailer. The mast has to
come off before the boat can be backed in.
So does anyone else keep a P-19 in a garage? If so, what do you do with
the mast?
And, those of you who keep your boat in the drive-way or your backyard,
how do you protect your boat and trailer from the elements, besides
covering them with a tarp?
I'm sure these are questions that a lot of prospective Potterers would
be asking?
Greg Yu
HMS-18 #63 'Sampan'
Fremont, Ca

Enjoy the award-winning journalism of The New York Times with
convenient home delivery. And for a limited time, get 50% off for the
first 8 weeks by subscribing. Pay by credit card and receive an
additional 4 weeks at this low introductory rate.