[WWP] Eagle Lake Sail,Susanville,California

From: Bruce Hood (bhood@sunset.net)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 18:16:08 PDT

June 29th through July 3rd, the Hood and Carter Families make their
annual summer trek to camp under the giant Ponderosa Pines on the
South Shore of Eagle Lake. Eagle is the second largest natural lake
in California, and because of this it has pleasant shallows allowing
boats to beach easily, and kids water to play in.
There is a nice Marina with slips behind a
sheltering breakwater, a new Marina Store, showers, etc.
The five-thousand foot elevation makes for warm
days and cool evenings when the temperatures in the Sacramento Valley
are soaring above the 100 degree mark. The lake itself is quite large,
( have a look on your California map near Susanville ) and is the home
of the famed Eagle Lake Trout.. large silver and white fish that reach
considerable sizes. Lots of types of campground from plug in your R.V.
to primative tenting. This year it will be Bruce's 65th Birthday and
Retirement celebration, with the now traditional dutch oven cake and
barbecue feast. If our fellow Potter Sailors would like to make this a
sail week-end, as we have done in past years, you're invited to join us,

and have a great weekend in a great place. If you want to come along
please e-mail and let us know, as we probably can reserve a group
campground area with tables, barbecue pits, bathrooms, showers etc.
RSVP bhood@sunset.net so we can estimate how many are coming..
Cordially,
Bruce
Bruce Hood, P-15 "Aillte", sail no. 1246 since 1985

Good friends, school spirit, hair-dos you'd like to forget.
Classmates.com has them all. And with 4.4 million alumni already
registered, there's a good chance you'll find your friends here: